Sunday, May 24, 2015

Week 10

tudobem familia!

I GET TO SKYPE HOME ON SUNDAY. yayyy I am so excited!!! happy mother's day mom!!
and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW TOMMY!! I can't believe that in a month you will be finished with high school! so crazy.

well I found out that my visa came! so so crazy. The rest of my district at the mtc received theirs too. looks like we will all be at the brazil mtc together for 2 weeks before we leave to our missions through out brazil. I have so many mixed emotions right now. This is going to be so hard leaving westminster. I have to come to love this place and the people so much. I can't even imagine leaving them. But I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and it is all in His timing. 
PRAY FOR ME. especially with the gift of tongues because my Portuguese is definitely not the greatest currently. 

This week was really great! We had a zone conference on wednesday and it was so good. I learned a lot about keeping our thoughts on our missions and not getting discouraged.

A couple of miracles that happened this week were:

1. Sister Stigen and I were waiting outside our church building for a member to come out with us and we saw this man on the street so we decided to go contact him. Well just as we started walking towards him, he started walking towards us! (that never happens!) He then asked us what church this was and we told him and explained to him that we were missionaries. He then proceeded to tell us how he has been looking for a church to go to and get involved in and asked what time our church starts and if he could meet with us. Sister Stigen and I just looked at each other and had the biggest smiles on our faces. I couldn't believe what was happening! We gave him all the information he needed and set up an appointment with him for tomorrow so we will see what happens. The whole time he was talking I just kept thinking "WAIT, DID HE REALLY JUST SAY THAT?"

2. We were looking through our area book at some potentials and decided to randomly go to this one. Little did we know it was not random that we chose to go to this guy's home. When we knocked on the door this lady answered who looked so familiar. At first I thought it was a member from the spanish ward- you have no idea how many members we have tried to contact not knowing they are members haha. yesterday we tried to give a pass along card to the Bishop's daughter in the spanish ward hahaha it was hilarious. This lady who answered the door though was not a member and she said hey i remember you! and then I realized we had contacted this woman on the street a couple of weeks ago and she was nice but not interested. Well let me tell you Heavenly Father is preparing people. She was interested when we knocked on her door and we are now going to teach her this week! The guy we thought we were going to see was her brother and doesn't live in the house anymore. 

We really needed these miracles this week because it seemed like every single one of our lessons were canceled. Michael canceled on us this week and we are probably going to drop him. It breaks my heart. We are meeting with him tonight though, so we will see how it goes. 
Steve was out of town this week but we will be meeting with him on wednesday. pray for him!!

The church is true. Read the Book of Mormon. Pray. it is the little things that matter. 

I love you all so much and i will talk to you real soon! and this time i mean that! in 6 days!! ahhh. i can't wait! 
xoxoxo 

Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment