Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Week 3

Well, another week flew by here at the mtc in provo. It's so weird to look out windows and see Timp. or Y mountain and realize that I am still in Provo. It definitely doesn't feel like I am.

The spirit at the mtc is so incredible. My favorite things so far has been when we all sing, "Called to Serve", "Come Thou Fount" and "The Sisters of Zion/Army of Helaman", it is the most amazing experience. I AM A MISSIONARY SINGING CALLED TO SERVE. so so cool. I love it so much. 

The beginning of this week was really hard. Missions are hard. Everyday is challenging but at the same time everyday is so rewarding. I am stretched and my patience is constantly being tested but the Lord is there. He is helping me and it's amazing to see His hand in my life. Sometimes we as missionaries don't realize whose name we are wearing each day and are not the kindest to each other. Or we don't try as hard as we should. It's not a perfect place here, but it's a place where people are coming unto Christ. As long as you are trying, that's all that matters. 

I saw a quote the other night by Pres. Monson that said, "We must accept His discipline, to become His disciple" it was exactly what I needed to hear. 

During RS on Sunday the general RS 1st counselor spoke to us and she showed one of the bible videos of Christ and His Atonement. He died for us. He suffered the pains of this world, pains beyond mortal comprehension. I can't articulate the emotions I felt and still feel, but as I sat there all I could think was, how could I not be better? How could I not do everything in my power to show the Lord my love for Him? I have such a strong testimony that our Savior lives. He loves us. He is our brother. He died for me and for you and for everyone who has lived and is yet to live. He has felt our deepest pains. He knows you and loves you. This is my purpose as a missionary- to help others come unto Christ. How excited I am to be doing His work. To be representing Him each day. I am so grateful that He would love me enough to let me represent Him and be an instrument in His hands.

We have memorized our purpose as missionaries, James 1:5, the baptismal invite and the 1st vision in Portuguese so far. My testimony has grown so much from saying these words in Portuguese. it's hard to explain but it is one of the most spiritual experiences thus far reciting the first vision in Portuguese. 

I love being a missionary. I am the happiest I have ever been in my life here. I love it so much. 
I love you all!!! Have the greatest week!
xoxoxo
Sister Taylor 

p.s. however, I do think I could be a little a happier if they would let me walk to Swig once a day... I miss my dirty diet coke! 


Congrats Ruby on your call!!!!


Sisters in her District.

No comments:

Post a Comment