Sunday, March 29, 2015

Week 5

Wow! I can't believe my time here at the MTC is up!! I get my re-assignment tomorrow and i am so excited! I can't wait to find out where I will be serving until my visa comes. Ah i just can't believe it is my last week here. so many mixed emotions. I have grown to love this place so much. I have had some of the funniest, hardest and most spiritual experiences here. I have grown more than I ever thought possible in these 5 weeks. It will be a hard goodbye. But I am beyond excited to get into the field- wherever that may be! 

On Thursday morning my companion went home. It was so hard to say goodbye to her. I learned so much from her and I love her to death. She's incredible.

I am now in a trio with Sister Magelby and Sister Denton from my district. they are so great and have taught me so much. ah being a missionary is unreal. on Friday we taught a lesson to what we thought was suppose to be a member in Brazil over skype. His name is Vinicio and he was around 23 years old and lives in Sao Paulo. With some technical difficulties with the sound and his accent and our lack of verbs/nouns that don't relate to the gospel it was very difficult to understand him. He kept asking us if we were "consado" which means tired in portuguese and we would reply, "Oh sim, muito consado!!" ahhhh we soon realized he wasn't asking us if we were tired but if we were MARRIED which is "casado" hahaha. And then our teacher found out the Vincio was actually an investigator! it was quite the experience. haha hopefully next time will be better.

It was Elder Roundy's birthday in our District on Saturday so we had a "little" party for him. we decorated the room and sister denton's mom ordered a cake from the provo bakery and we ate chips and queso and dr. pepper for 15 min. It was so fun. I love my district and am going to miss them muito muito mais. 

Don Clarke of the seventy spoke to us last Tuesday night. It was the best devotional we have had here at the MTC. He gave us the "10 things every missionary should know". It was so inspiring and motivating. This truly is the Lord's work and we are so lucky to be able to help Him.

I don't have much time today but I love you all!
I know this church is true. Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God.- wow i have learned so much about Joseph Smith this week and He is amazing. 
I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it will help us. God wanted it to come forth at this time for US to read. so read it!! 
Jesus Christ is our Savior, He is our Redeemer. Our brother. Our friend. Come unto Him and He will help you through your trials. He knows you personally. Get to know Him personally.

Missions are amazing. I never want to come home. haha I love this so much and am so incredibly happy.

LOVE YOU ALL
xoxoxo
Sister Taylor

UPDATE- Lauren has been assigned to the Long Beach, California Mission until her visa arrives. She leaves the MTC March 31st!



No comments:

Post a Comment